Orthodontic Treatment for Adults
Orthodontic treatment is no longer just for teens. In fact, about 1 in 4 of today's orthodontic patients are adults! Many adults pursue treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, in addition to wanting to feel better about their appearance. Adults everywhere are taking advantage of the opportunity to receive orthodontic care, and now you can too!
Common reasons why adults are considering orthodontic treatment:
- A bad bite (malocclusion), causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Crowded or spaced teeth, possibly leading to tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
Treatment Options for Adults
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. However, today's orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of appliances that are comfortable, esthetic and customized to meet your needs. We are proud to offer our adult patients the choice of clear aligners (Invisalign), tooth-colored ceramic braces or metal braces. We want you to be happy!
Dr. Becky and Dr. Kyle also recognize that adults and children have different needs and require different levels of attention and care. The entire team at Central Minnesota Orthodontics will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments and that your needs are met with understanding and respect.
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth. — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence. — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse. — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it's needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics, please contact us to schedule an appointment. We understand that you may have a busy schedule, so we'll work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.